Can’t live without your deodorant? We feel ya! Most women won’t leave the house without it on. The problem with many store-bought deodorants out there, is that they contain aluminum and other nasty chemicals that aren’t so good for you. Sure, they keep you from that dreaded pit-out, but they can cause long-term harm for your health.
Naturally-made deodorants are the way to go. Plus, they keep your tender skin under your arms from getting red and irritated, which definitely doesn’t look sexy. You can actually make your own with this DIY aloe vera deodorant recipe. Aloe vera is naturally soothing so it’s not surprising that an aloe vera deodorant can soon be your very best friend against under arm odor and irritation.
Why Homemade Aloe Vera Deodorant?
If you’ve ever soothed a sunburn away with aloe vera before, you know just how cooling and soothing it can be. It’s perfect for sensitive skin. And even if you normally wouldn’t say your skin is the sensitive type, your underarms beg to differ! That part of your skin is so delicate that it’s really important to nurture it. If you make your own aloe vera deodorant, you’ll keep odors under control and keep that skin conditioned and irritation-free.
Aloe vera is a great skin care ingredient. It’s used to treat sunburns, sensitive skin, irritations, inflammatory skin conditions and more. It has a soothing and cooling effect when applied to the skin, which makes it the perfect ingredient for this aloe vera deodorant recipe!
How to Make Aloe Vera Deodorant
Before you begin, you’ll need to track down these ingredients. You’ll probably already have baking soda, but the other items you’ll likely not find in your supermarket. Amazon is a great place to get them, or your local homeopathic store. Also, you’ll need a clean deodorant tube. You can buy those from Amazon as well, but in the absence of that, a clean amber glass jar can be used to store your aloe vera deodorant.
Here’s what you’ll need:
4 tbsp shea butter (preferably organic)
5 tbsp arrow root powder
1 tbsp and 1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp aloe vera gel (preferably organic)
5 drops tea tree essential oil
5 drops chamomile essential oil
Here’s how to make it:
1. Add the shea butter into a small pan.
2. Over low heat, slowly melt it down. Do not turn the heat up or the nourishing ingredients in the shea butter will be ruined.
3. After it melts, turn the heat off and add in the aloe vera gel, arrow root powder, and baking soda.
4. Stir this mixture well to create a creamy paste. You may need to use a hand mixer or whisk to help get the aloe vera gel to mix well.
5. Add in both essential oils and stir well.
6. Pour the mixture into your deodorant tubes. If you’re using an amber glass container, wait 10 minutes to allow it to cool and then scrape the firmed paste into your container.
Now you’re ready to use your aloe vera deodorant! Enjoy!